Friday, 17 January 2014

Time for tea

I thought I should update you all on my Bucket List achievements. This week I've focused on trying different teas. 

Firstly up for review is the classic Earl Grey (Tesco Finest). I made it like a normal Breakfast Tea (a slosh of milk and just a little less than a teaspoon of sugar) in my vintage Bambi mug. 
I definitely would give this one the thumbs up. Its distinctive fragrant flavour was delicious and I'll be keeping the box on the tea shelf.

Next I enjoyed catching up with Work of Art: Next Great Artist (it was a good one) over a Bacon and Maple Syrup Cupcake and a cup of Chamomile and Spiced Apple Tea. It is a Twinings tea, which by the way is on offer in Tesco at the moment... £1 for a box so hit the shops fellow tea lovers! 
It was quite weak but had a lovely warm, mixed spice, apple taste. I imagine that a hint of cinnamon would make it complete. It did get a little boring towards the end the of the mug, but I would still rate it well. 

Finally is my 'unusual flavour of tea', Higher Living's Cinnamon Tea. It smelt absolutely delicious however the taste was not as appealing. There was definitely a slight cinnamon hint but the aftertaste was quite sickly, not too yummy. 
 Overall I'm thoroughly enjoying my tea tasting and am looking forward to trying the variety of other flavours I have left. Do you have any tea recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment