This week has been a week of firsts. For the first time I watched Singin' In The Rain, ate a 'Duffin', finished a classic novel and tried Chai Tea.
I also tried one of my new nail varnishes, Barry M's 'Neptune Sea'. Magnetic nail varnishes have been around for quite a while now, but I've never seen one like this. It's a silver/purple base with a faint glittery shine, which turns into an almost 'spacey', sea-like effect after the magnet is hovered above it. It was definitely a worthy choice!
This week, I also discovered one of my new favourite TV programmes, 'Work of Art: The Next Great Artist', where a number of up-and-coming artists compete to win $100,000 and a solo exhibition at the Brooklyn Museum. It's a similar structure to Project Runway; each week the artists receive a themed challenge, resulting in an overall winner and an unlucky loser who leaves the competition. I'm currently watching season 2 and have caught up to episode 5, where the competitors where challenged with creating a piece of art linked to a news headline. I haven't decided on a solid favourite but love Kymia's style of work. Her attention to detail and pencil work is inspiring.
![]() |
| Alana's Story by Kymia Nawabi |
I also have a humorous affection for Sucklord, a slightly strange man whose obsession with Star Wars isn't doing him any favours. Even if you're not an arty person like me, I highly recommend it. The level of creativity is astounding and some of the pieces the artists create are amazing. And if all else fails, Sucklord's one liners are pretty hilarious.
Talking of my favourite TV programmes... last night I had a girly night in with some of my closet friends. There's nothing quite like a gossip, giggle and gorge on naughty food with your girls (who knew I was a poet?). Our main entertainment for the evening was the addictive MTV show 'Catfish'. Now if you haven't seen or heard of Catfish, you need to. Nev and Max host the show, creating first time meet ups between online lovers who have never met. Sometimes they've been talking for years, without even so much of a phone call. As you can imagine it very, very rarely turns out to be the person they thought they were talking to.
But this week... for the first time ever... I saw an episode where a girl had been talking to a guy online for eight years... AND HE WAS REAL. Now if you don't watch the programme, you won't understand the excitement this created between us girls. There was clapping, 'aw'ing and I think, almost tears of joy. So yes, get on the Catfish hype. It'll be one of the best decisions you ever make.



I love catfish so much, I cried when I saw that episode where he was real! You need to watch catfish the movie, nev's story!
ReplyDeleteEmmaJessicaChatterBox.blogspot.co.uk
Haha I'm glad it wasn't just me! I know, I've been dying to! Definitely need to find it.
Delete