Saturday, 25 January 2014

Makeup and Skincare Reviews

Over Christmas I was given rather a lot of makeup and skincare goodies (lucky me!), so I thought it might be worthwhile to review each of them! 

 
Recently I have tried out Lush's Skin Drink Facial Moisturiser. My skin does not like the windy cold weather of Sheffield so I'm always trying out intense moisturisers. This one includes avocado and sesame oil so has quite an odd smell, however it doesn't have the greasy texture that I often find with thick moisturisers. It has definitely helped tackle the dry areas and I love that is made with such natural ingredients.
 
I've also been sampling Clinque's Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. This moisturiser is less thick than the Lush Skin Drink, but feels equally as fresh and hydrating. It sinks in immediately and the silky moisturising lasts for hours. A definite recommendation.
 
 
I've also been addicted to my new lip scrub from Lush over the last couple of weeks, which again has helped the side effects of the winter wind. Lush have a range of different flavours but I partically like Mint Julips, which tastes like a Mint Chocolate treat. It's basically made from sugar and oils so you could probably mix some up yourself but if you'd rather pay someone else to, it's a worthy buy.
 
benefit high beam luminescent complexion enhancer
Lastly this week I've been using my sample of Benefit's High Beam highlighter. I constantly used their Sun Beam highlighter last summer when I still had my Thailand tan so was excited to try out an everyday version. Like most Benefit products, it meets expectations and adds a perfect amount of shine to the cheekbones. I have a dislike for glittery face makeup so was glad to see a lack of sparkle! I would definitely look into purchasing this highlighter for the winter months.



No comments:

Post a Comment