Monday, 6 January 2014

A book lover; or a bug that feeds on the glue used in books (8).

It seems that my inner bookworm (did you get it?) has returned as I've already finished The Great Gatsby! When I was younger I was often known for my adoration for books, however with life becoming more hectic as it always does, my time for reading has suffered. 

Being home for Christmas however, has given me the opportunity to enjoy a few things I haven't had as much time for at university, reading a book in front of the fire being one of them.

I've now moved onto Little Women, a classic that I've been wanting to read for quite some time. I'm already fifty pages in and am struggling to put the book down. I am growing to love the March sisters, especially Jo, the strong tomboy who humorously forgets her manners on a regular basis. 

I've also added another activity to my Bucket List... to finish a crossword without any help! I've always enjoyed attempting to fill in a crossword or two, but have never successfully completed one alone. I found the 'Breaktime Crosswords' book in my stocking this Christmas so I think Santa must be sending me a sign... 'A contestant that you must beat'... 8 letters... anyone?


No comments:

Post a Comment