So last night I continued my streak by watching The Shawshank Redemption. I actually expected a bit more of a twist at the end but enjoyed seeing the rare moments of joy and affection that the prisoners created for themselves in such an awful environment. I think the underlying message was a particularly great one and I can see why it is a must see movie.
I actually ended up then reading lists of top 100 movies and added a few more to my list, including the likes of Amelie and The Artist. If anyone has an opinion of films that they think are a must see, I'd like to watch some personal recommendations.
I've also begun reading The Great Gatsby after falling in love with the film. My passion for all things vintage predominantly lies in the 1920s; the dresses, the cars, the parties! As the first classic novel I have ever read, its taking me a little longer to get used to the style of writing. However I'm thoroughly enjoying it and am already looking forward to starting another from my recently purchased collection below.
I'm now watching a spot of Forrest Gump, a movie that doesn't actually feature on my list! I've only seen it once before so thought I'd sit and enjoy some classic Tom Hanks with a snowball and a chocolate from the Christmas tree.


No comments:
Post a Comment