Sunday, 19 January 2014

This week's best bits (Week Two)

This week has seen a variety of best bits, the main one being moving back to my student house in Sheffield and reuniting with my uni girls! We're going to try to cook each other dinner once a week, so we kicked off with a crispy chicken faijta night, yum!


A highlight was also watching the Golden Globes and checking out each celebrities' outfits. I was in love with Kaley Cuoco's dress, designed by Rani Zakhem. Surprisingly to me, she ended up on some of the worst dressed lists, but as a huge fan of vintage, floral prints it was always going to be a winner in my eyes.
I also went out for dinner to Nonna's on Ecclesall Road in Sheffield, known for its great restaurants and quirky shops. I took a risk and ordered the cod fillet with grilled aubergine and a mint and chilli jus. I'm just starting to like fish after years of not eating it, so sticking to my 'trying new things' attitude I thought I'd give it a go. I also shared a side of rosemary roast potatoes and a parmesan rocket salad. Although rather pricey, the food was delicious. The cod was cooked to perfection and the jus added a sweet, fresh taste. I would definitely recommend it.
This week's online best bit is the viral video of Jason Brown's figure skating performance... it's absolutely incredible! If you don't have time to watch it all, I recommend viewing it from 5 minutes in... honestly jaw dropping.

I also listened to BBC Radio 1's Live Lounge with Fearne Cotton earlier this week and was in love with Clean Bandit's cover of Lorde - Royals. It's been in my head all week! I wasn't sure where it was going to go when I heard them play 'The Snowman' soundtrack but if you like live performances, upbeat music and amazing singers, you're bound to love it too.


I've also had the Frozen soundtrack in my head since I took my little sister to see it a couple of weeks ago. Anyone who knows me is aware of my Disney obsession and I can honestly say it is one of my new favourite films. Whats not to like about a cute talking snowman, a slightly off-the-wall princess who I strangely relate to and a guy whose best friend is a reindeer?

Anyway, this week (courtesy of my bestie fellow blogger Bethan Lucy) I discovered Pentatonix's Frozen medley, possibly my top highlight of the week. I've been a huge fan of Pentatonix ever since I discovered their 'Evolution of Beyonce' and so was super excited to see they'd created a mix of one of Disney's best soundtracks. So give it a watch and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment