This week I have been going to my local library to get away from the home comforts that distract me from writing my dissertation. For those of you who are struggling to concentrate at home, I highly recommend you do so too, if only to see the number of interesting characters that visit!
Anyway, today my library buddy and I decided to treat ourselves to a Starbucks lunch for all our hard work (worthy excuse?) and what did I find... but a 'Duffin'. "Oh my goodness, what is a Duffin? I want one" was my immediate thought process. Imagine a cake-ier, crumblier version of a doughnut, in the shape of a muffin... clever right? And pretty tasty.
I seem to have been oblivious to this new trend of food fusions as only the other week did I hear of the 'cronut'... you got it... a croissant/doughnut.
As a sucker for any new edible craze, I did a little research and it seems that there are quite a few of these bakery mash-ups: 'muffles' (muffin/waffles), 'crookies' (croissant/cookies), 'macanuts' (macaroon/doughnuts) and 'townies' (tart/brownies). Even crazier are some of the combinations found on Buzzfeed. I personally love the idea of an apple pie baked in an apple!
I wonder what will be next. How about a 'pain au pie' or a 'mernut'... meringue/doughnut? Yeah maybe not. Have you tried any interesting foods recently?

No comments:
Post a Comment