- Peel and slice up 4-6 1cm cubes of raw ginger
- Boil the ginger in water for approximately 5-10 minutes until the taste is strong enough
- Drain the water into a mug
- Stir in honey and/or lemon to taste
- Snuggle in a blanket on the sofa and enjoy!
Tip: You can make the ginger taste as strong as you like by adding more cubes or boiling for longer
I've never sipped an Earl Grey or tasted some Jasmine tea so I thought it would be quite a fun challenge to try the different types. My Dad has a specific kitchen cupboard dedicated to different boxes and tins filled with wondrous variations of tea bags, so I raided the cupboard for some interesting looking flavours. I'm looking forward to the Chocolate Tea!
This morning I tried a Vanilla Chai Tea whilst watching Singin' In The Rain, another film on my list. I smiled the whole way through watching Gene Kelly and Donald O'Conner perform some incredible tap dancing routines. The film has a number of laugh out loud moments, particularly Donald O'Conners hilarious performance of 'Make Em Laugh'... it's a must see.
I enjoyed the film so much that I went ahead and bought The Gene Kelly Signature Collection with my Christmas Amazon voucher. (I used a DVD price comparison site, 'Find DVD' to find the best deal. It's a brilliant site for movie fans and students like me who want the best bargain possible). I can't wait to watch some more classic movies including On The Town and An American In Paris. I wish that I had grown up with the likes of Gene Kelly, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, or at least that it was still a fashion to dance, sing and act as they did in the 1930s and 1940s. I think with enough lessons and motivation, the dancer within me would have shined!


No comments:
Post a Comment