Sunday, 23 February 2014

This week's best bits (Week Seven)

I'm going to get all event management excitement for a couple of paragraphs... bare with.

This week I got to do a couple of interviews for my dissertation, which for me was definitely a highlight. I'm really interested in my topic of 'how sensory stimulation can affect the design of private events', so it is exciting to talk to event professionals about it and get their opinions. 

It was inspiring talking to the owner of Chapter 7 Events, a very creative company who focuses on the elements of storytelling, appealing to the senses and creating an immersive experience... perfect for my topic. Imagine walking the plank into a boat party and smelling the sea salt as it gently blows in your face, hearing seagulls and the laps of the waves... now that's what I'm talking about. Heston Blumenthal's restaurant The Fat Duck is a classic example of a sensory experience.

Okay, event chat over... 

I've watched a fair few videos this week and have complied a small selection of my favourites below.

 Watch as little girl's Dad surprises her on her birthday by returning from Afghanistan. 
Risk of crying = high.


Just brilliant.

 'I'm sorry what... did Tinie Tempah just high five Prince Wills? Jealous.' We were all thinking it.

Seriously how old is this girl? How does she sing like that?
I've learnt to except that this song will never leave my head.


Lastly, if you share an unusual name like myself, you may enjoy this particular Buzzfeed article... 16 Things Only People With Unique Names Will Understand

I think I've officially heard it all, from thinking my name is Effy, like the Skins character... (well firstly it's Eppie, and secondly how could I be named after a girl in a series that came out 15 years after I was born?)... to 'what, like epileptic?'. Yes my Mum thought, 'I know what, I'll name my child after a seizure'. I think I even had a man insist that I must be called Emily and that I was in fact wrong. 

Okay this doesn't sound like a highlight but the article made me giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment