Saturday, 15 February 2014

The perfect Valentine's Day

As a newly single lady, I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day with the ones that put a smile on my face every single day... my wonderful housemates who happen to be my best friends and the loves of my life. In the words of Candace Bushnell:

"Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates, and guys are just people to have fun with".


After all, Valentine's Day is about all types of love, right? Didn't any one else's Dad get them a card pretending to be a secret admirer?

The day began with the creation of a single ladies playlist to get us through the day featuring the likes of Destiny's Child, Christina Aguilera and Pink... basically any strong, independent woman who sings about not needing a man. Perfect.

Next up was some rather cheeky baking (children and those who are easily offended, look away now). Karma Sutra cookies in fact. I treated the girls to some edible fun with their ideal men including the likes of Olly Murs, Ryan Gosling and Jack Sparrow. Unfortunately Channing Tatum got beheaded and I lost an arm in the making. 


The evening of the day of love was spent eating a yummy home cooked meal, including a necessary cheeseboard and wine, whilst watching a couple of non-romantic films. 


'Lovelace' was our first choice, the true story of Linda Lovelace, a 70s pornstar who had it pretty rough (pun intended). On a serious note she managed to turn around what was an awful life into something good. The film was fantastic, featuring Amanda Seyfried as Linda, James Franco as Hugh Hefner and appearances from some recognisable faces such as David from Friends and Mr Big.

Next up was 'The Heat', one of my favourite films and a perfect choice for any single lady on Valentine's Day. Sandra Bullock plays an uptight FBI agent who has to work with a hilariously aggressive police officer played by Melissa McCarthy. The chemistry is priceless, summed up by my favourite scene below.


Lastly, in true Valentine's Day spirit, I exchanged gifts with fellow single lady, Ms Bethan Lucy. I couldn't have wished for more. I (unconsciously) dropped a hint that I wanted to try Cadbury's new Egg 'n' Spoon treats and unlike the men out there who tend to ignore those hints, she only went and got me some! Included was a picture of my new favourite man on the telly... Keith from the new Cadbury's advert... which I blogged my love for in "This week's best bits (Week Four)."


The card was on par with a classic cheesy love reference (haha) and inside, a picture that would brighten anyone's day...


So whether you're in a relationship or not, I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day with the loves of your life... even if it was your cat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment