Friday, 19 December 2014

Graduation Makeup Tutorial


I'm really happy with my overall look at graduation and found some absolute makeup must haves whilst I perfected it!


Before applying my makeup I used Xen Tan for a couple of nights to give me a little bit of colour.


Skin:

No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation - Warm Ivory
Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Highlighting Pen - Shade 1
Pur Disappearing Act Concealer - Tan
Benefit Ooh La Lift Under Eye 'De-Puffer' 
Benefit High Beam Highlighter 
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
No7 Perfectly Bronzed Mosaic Bronzer
Barbara Daly HD Finishing Powder - Neutral 2
No7 Blush Tint Powder - Soft Damson

I am in love with No7's Beautifully Matte Foundation. I struggle to find a foundation that stays on all day but this seems to work! I applied it with a foundation brush for a thicker application.

I then followed with the Yves Saint Laurent Touch Eclat Highlighting Pen as an under eye concealer. I also used it with Benefit's Ooh La Lift Under Eye De Puffer and High Beam Highlighter to contour and highlight my cheekbones, nose and forehead.

Next I used one of my new favourite products...  Pur's Disappearing Act Concealer. It literally does what it says and makes you look blemish free! A true must have.

Next I applied a light layer of Barbara Daly HD Finishing Powder to set my foundation and concealer before dusting over a very light layer of No7's Mosaic Bronzer. I really hate glittery bronzers so this is a favourite product of mine.

I then contoured my cheekbones and edges of my nose using an angled brush with Benefit's Hoola Bronzer, a perfect product due to its matt colour. I finished by adding some blush.


Eyes:

Marks and Spencer Limited Collection Mono Eye Shadow - Copper-Matte
Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadows
L'Oreal Paris Superliner Eyeliner Gel Intenza - Black
The Body Shop Brow and Liner Kit - 03
Maybelline Smokey Shadow Pencil - Chocolate
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Liner - 005 Nude
Maybelline the Colossal Go Extreme! Volume Mascara - Very Black
Eylure False Eyelashes by Girls Aloud - Nicola

Eye makeup is one of my favourite things to do. I'm a massive perfectionist and think I've found the perfect tools to complete a natural look.

I first filled in my eyebrows using The Body Shop's Brow and Liner Kit. I much prefer a shadow eyebrow kit rather then a pencil as it gives more of a natural look.

I started my eyes with my highly recommended eyeliner, Loreal's Superliner Gel, which comes in a pot with a small brush. It's so much easier to apply with a brush and you can get the perfect flick! 

I then blended the lightest colour from Urban Decay's Naked eyeshadow set onto the inner corners of my eyelids. Next I applied my new favourite eyeshadow, Marks and Spencer's Copper-Matte onto the corners of my eyes up to my eyebrows. 

I used Maybelline's Smokey Shadow Pencil around the bottom of my eyes, perfect for blending with the sponge on the reverse side. I also applied Rimmel's Nude Kohl Liner to the inside of lower lid, which makes my eyes look slightly more awake!

I finished the look using Maybelline's Extreme Volume Mascara and applying Nicola's Eylure False Eyelashes.



Lip:

L'Oreal Paris Collection Privee by Cheryl Lipstick - Cheryl's Nude
Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss - Kirk

For my lips I wanted a subtle natural finish so first applied L'Oreal's Nude Lipstick by Cheryl. I finished it with Urban Decay's Pocket Rocket Lip Gloss. One of my favourites purely for the naked man that appears when you tilt the lid!


And there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment