Wednesday, 31 December 2014

Christmas Highlights

I had one of the best Christmas's this year! A mountain of food, a lot of laughs and some great family time.






I made a highlights video that summed up Christmas perfectly. My Step-Dad is half Swiss so Christmas Eve is spent at his parents house (a Swiss tradition), where we are entertained with games, carols and even a Christmas play! 



I also got my Christmas bake on...



Overnight Gingerbread French Toast - really easy and quick for a Christmas breakfast!


Sometimes it just doesn't go to plan. My gingerbread house this year is an example. I had too much to do in one day and so ended up giving Elsie control over the decor! Still, it tasted great!


I was really quite proud of my puddings, a simple Chocolate Pastry Tart. Having never made pastry before I was very nervous they wouldn't turn out well but it was easier then I thought! Although not having the right pastry cases did make them look a little 'homemade'!

No comments:

Post a Comment