Friday, 27 February 2015

Come To Bed... At The Savoy.

As the new Event Assistant for Design In Scent, I've been attending an exciting variety of events recently, from the launch of the NAWP, to a perfume and wine pairing evening hosted by Majestic Wines and Miller Harris.


Working with The Events Mill and Bruce Russell at their collaborative event 'Come To Bed' has been a memorable highlight. My Monday evening turned into an extraordinary insight into the creative minds of various industry professionals, hosted at none other than The Savoy. 


Design In Scent began the night by greeting guests dressed up in their silk nightwear and Savoy dressing gowns, enticing them into our bathroom armoire. A lightly scented towelette awaited them before guests were encouraged to 'clean their teeth before bedtime', choosing from a selection of fresh and minty mouth sprays. 


The doors then opened to the smell of freshly washed linen, where guests could sip a glass of champagne on a luxury Savoy bed. Delicious canapes were complimented with scented napkins to immerse the senses in a complete culinary sensation, whilst room service provided mini main courses.


Photo taken by John Nassari
Throughout the evening, various dancers and magical characters changed the atmospherics of the room to create the different phases of night. I suddenly found myself drinking a dark martini whilst being mesmorised by illuminated ballerinas, dancing to electronic music at 'Midnight'. 


Shortly after I was eating a sensational mini English breakfast to the sound of an Opera singer at 'Dawn'.


I left feeling as though I had been up till the early hours of the morning, partying with event industry legends in a mysterious secret room. After discovering a table of fresh milk and cookies, I was truly ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment