Sunday, 16 November 2014

The Graduation Checklist

So I'm graduating next week and the preparation has been non stop... my beauty regime, constant detoxing and hours spent finding 'the' dress has made me feel like a bride.

And I'm not the only one. I know many of my friends have been planning like mad to make sure we look our best in our last ever 'school photo' and thoroughly enjoy our last few days as a 'student' in Sheffield.

To keep me sane over the next few days and to help out any of you who are stressing about the big day, here's a checklist to help you get it right!




4-8 weeks before...

Start looking for your ceremony dress. Don't stress about it too much as you don't even really see it under that massive gown but choose it relatively early so that you can select shoes, make up etc.

Buy your ceremony tickets, hire your gown and order your pictures. Make sure to check when the latest you can do this is.

Book any necessary train tickets or hotel rooms, they'll get booked up quickly near the date!

If you want to diet/detox/tone up etc, starting early is always best. I decided to tone up and detox after finishing university (final year does horrible things to your diet) and set graduation as a milestone. I recommend Jillian Michael's routines that can be found on YouTube, no gym membership needed. I also limit my intake of carbs, cut out sugar and saturated fats. Drinking cinnamon and honey also helps to flush out toxins and keep that belly flat!




2-4 weeks before...

Choose your ceremony shoes. Sensible ladies will pick low, strappy heels. I went for a pair that made me feel like Carrie Bradshaw.

Book any beauty treatments... hair, eyebrows, nails... I've gone for the whole shebang.

Plan what you'll be doing in the evening with course friends and family. If like me you have an after party planned then you'll need to find a whole new outfit for this too!




The week before...

Decide on and practice your make up and hair for the day. I'm going to try out Urban Decay's setting spray to make my face stay put! 

Buy any beauty products you'll need (see my checklist below).

Book the restaurant for your lunch or dinner on the day and the night before if needed.

Begin the beauty regime... trim those split ends, sort out those roots and shape those eyebrows. And if like me your summer tan is long gone, make sure you leave a few days to get some colour. I've also booked in to get shellac nails so that I don't have to worry about it chipping.

Print out confirmation of your gown hire and hotel stay.

Pack!!




The Packing List

The ceremony dress
The ceremony shoes
Cardigan and tights (for winter graduation!)
Day bag
Undies
PJs
Clothes for the day after
Comfy clothes
Evening outfit
Evening shoes 
Evening bag

Hairbrush
Teasing Comb
Straighteners
Curlers
Hair dryer
Hair rollers
Shampoo and Conditioner
Hairspray
Dry Shampoo
Hairbands
Hair slides and clips
Jewellery

Toothbrush
Toothpaste
Shower gel
Deodorant
Perfume
Makeup
Makeup remover
Cotton buds
Nail polish
Moisturiser
Fake eyelashes
Fake tan
Plasters
Tweezers
Safety pins
Painkillers
Mints/Chewing gum
Blister patches
Gel sore spots
Any medication

Confirmation of your gown hire
Train tickets
Hotel confirmation
Ceremony tickets
Purse
Money
ID
Speakers
Phone charger
Camera
Video camera
Laptop
Laptop charger
Pre drinks!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Phew, I think that's it.
Fingers crossed I don't forget anything! Good luck fellow graduates!

No comments:

Post a Comment